Economic Specialist, FSN-10; FP-AA
Please note that this position is temporary. Employment is offered from March 2014 till January 2017.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
Closing Date: January 16, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours per week
SALARY: *Ordinarily Resident (OR): gross salary 26,455 EUR p.a. (Starting salary) (Position Grade: FSN-10); *Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-5
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Provides background and analysis of Latvian economic developments to the Ambassador, Embassy staff, and Washington. Prepares reports on the full range of economic issues. Manages the Environment/Science and Technology/Health (ESTH) portfolio, which includes Embassy's interaction with Medical and Health-related education programs and Public-Private Partnerships.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Writing comprehensive analytical reports on key sectors of the Latvian economy including energy, banking and macro-economic developments.
- Possessing primary responsibility for the Environment/Science and Technology/Health portfolio.
- Providing oral briefings to the Ambassador, political and economic officers, and American visitors on key aspects of the Latvian economy, current economic developments and the investment climate. Representing the Embassy at Latvian government briefings for the diplomatic community and reports on key points.
- Providing backup to the Political Specialist and Commercial/Energy Specialist.
- Other logistical and administrative duties as assigned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Re: Economic Specialist, U.S. Embassy, Samnera Velsa iela 1, Riga, LV-1510 or e-mail to Riga-HR@state.gov
For more detailed information, please, consult the full description of the position (PDF file-48kb).
! Interested candidates for a vacancy MUST complete and submit DS-174 form (Universal Application for Employment, available on the right).