Applying for or Renewing U.S. Nonimmigrant Visas
This visa application process applies to all non-immigrant visa applicants regardless of their citizenship both when applying for a visa the first time or renewing it. Click on the links below for detail information on each step:
- Step 1: Prepare your photo
- Step 2: Complete the application form(s)
- Step 3: Pay the visa application fee
- Step 4: Schedule your visa interview
- Step 5: Prepare other required documentation
- Step 6: Come to the interview at the scheduled time
- Step 7: Pick up your visa
IMPORTANT NOTICE: In most cases, at the end of visa interviews, visa applicants receive information whether they are eligible for the U.S. non-immigrant visa they are applying for. However, some visa applications may be subject to additional administrative processing before a decision can be made; therefore, please apply for the visa at least several weeks before your planned travel.
DO NOT MAKE any final travel arrangements before you have obtained a visa!